Kevin has been a full-stack web developer since 2012. He can
- ⌨ build scalable and maintainable web applications with React, Angular, and ASP.NET
- 🛡 design and implement DDD and CQRS driven architecture
- ✈ automate zero-downtime application deployments to scalable cloud environments
- 💾 design and maintain databases, caches, and servers
- 🎨 design and implement CSS based UIs
He is passionate about modern web frameworks, architecture and design patterns, and saving time and money by solving real-world problems.
Frameworks & Languages
ASP.NET Web Forms,
Visual Studio Code,
Web Farm Framework
Ruby on Rails,
SQL Server Management Studio,
Microsoft Ajax Minifier,
Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX,
Google Cloud Platform,
Full Stack Web Developer Mar 2020 - current
Full-time remote as a Contractor
- Built a manufacturing tracking system using ASP.NET, MediatR, MassTransit, RabbitMQ, Angular, Ngrx, and Oracle.
- Utilized DDD and CQRS patterns to ensure bounded contexts within microservices.
- Practiced agile scrum over 2 week sprints in multiple teams that make up a ~40 developer organization.
Full Stack Web Developer (5 years) Dec 2014 - Mar 2020
Promoted to Senior Web Developer in 2018
Promoted to Senior Solutions Architect in 2020
- Architected, estimated, built, tested, documented, and deployed features to meet real-world requirements for clients.
- Built features and fixed bugs in SiteWrench using frameworks like React, Angular, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET Web Forms, SQL Server, and Redis.
- Implemented continuous integration for ASP.NET applications with Jenkins
- Implemented zero-downtime deployment scenarios for ASP.NET applications with IIS Web Farm Framework
- Administered load-balanced ASP.NET applications on Windows 2012 servers
- Administered SQL Server databases
- Implemented response output caching using Redis
- Built custom web applications with ASP.NET Core and React
- Deployed scalable web applications to Azure
- Refactored a large brownfield VB application to C#
- Implemented SSO solutions for enterprise authentication providers alongside standards like SAML 2.0
- Built Windows deployable web applications from the comfort of a Macbook Pro running Windows using VMWare Fusion
Full Stack Web Developer (2.5 years) July 2012 - Dec 2014
Implemented user enhancements to a large scale ASP.NET WebForms web application using a variety of
ASP.NET AJAX, SlickGrid, T-SQL, SQL Server 2008, JSON, XML, Windows Services, WebDAV, FTP and more.
Worked on an agile scrum based team iterating over two week sprints.
This made sure that the DOM stayed small so that users could view thousands of data rows without
any performance impact. Also created many SlickGrid plugins and custom cell editors to satisfy
DataGrid to a web service.
that was used by the developers at e-Builder, Inc.
files on ASP.NET Master pages, and used the minifier on many other projects to bundle
scripts. Trained other developers on how to use the Microsoft Ajax Minifier.
Evaluated e-Builder's web application for Section 508 compliance, and trained developers and QA analysts on how to create
Section 508 compliant web applications.
Created a ASP.NET UserControl that wrapped a Telerik RadGrid to reduce the time it took
developers to build data grids with recurring acceptance criteria.
Implemented the capability to edit Microsoft Office documents directly from a web application by
and CSS selectors that became available when IE8 was released like
:before pseudo elements,
View the slides at kevinareed.com/ie8.
Used Mocha.js, Chai.js, Sinon.js, and Blanket.js.
Intern Web Developer (4 months) May 2011 – August 2011
Datatel, Inc. (now Ellucian)
Developed a ASP.NET MVC 3 web site together with a team of interns, developed a WCF web service,
and developed a Microsoft Outlook 2010 Add In.
Spent a week researching domain driven design, dependency injection, inversion of control design
patterns, and n-layered architecture.
Worked alongside database developers and business analysts to develop web applications.
Freelance Web Developer (3 months) June 2010 – August 2010
Created a portfolio website
from scratch for the guitar luthier Ender Güvercin to better showcase his workmanship.
Created the website by hand without a template.
Union University (Jackson, TN) GPA: 3.16 / 4.0 2008 - 2012
B.S. Computer Science
Programming classes were taught using C, C#.NET, and Java, and focused on the principles of software engineering, as well as programming logic.